Buying Guide: Which is the Best Vacuum Cleaner?
Wondering why a great vacuum cleaner is a good investment? Most vacuum cleaners today that you see in those big boxes come with advanced features. But the thing is what type of vacuum cleaner is best for you. To make the best decision, you need to know the choices available and their function. When it comes to choosing the right vacuum, there are several things that you need to consider. To help you in this process, we've crafted this buying guide as the tricky part is deciding which vacuum to buy. It will help you put your hands on the best vacuum cleaner.
Let’s get started…
Robot vacuums are gaining huge popularity as you don't have to lift a finger as everything is done automatically. A robot vacuum cleaner operates with just a single click as it is programmed to function automatically and equipped to clean the entire floor as well as difficult corners. It can be a perfect solution for those who find it difficult to take out time for cleaning and don’t have the option of house help.
To buy the most suitable robot vacuum for your home, check out the tips…
Want to clean the floors, let the robot vacuum do it for you. Wondering where to find the best robot vacuum for your unique needs? Take a look at the following tips and put your hands on a vacuum cleaner just right for your home.
In many ways, a high-performance and good quality vacuum cleaner provide plenty of benefits making it a good investment.
The market out there is flooded with robot vacuum cleaners but you need to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
1. Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner: The renowned brand Xiaomi offers intelligent cleaning robots, the smart vacuum cleaner. As far as the features are concerned, it has 12 sensors to map the area and works with three processors. It has a Nidec DC 1800 PA suction motor that operates at 55W of power. Other features include a soundproofing reduction system, remote control, smartphone control capacity, and a 5200 Man li-ion battery.
2. Roomba iRobot: Puresight Systems Pvt Ltd offers a line of Robot vacuum cleaners, Roomba Vacuums and Braava Mops, to keep you away from the everyday dirt and dust. The Roomba i7 robot vacuum is designed for hard-to-reach corners and edges in your home. It uses a premium 3-stage cleaning system, dual rubber brushes, and smart mapping technology to provide better cleaning. Other features include Clean Base automatic dirt disposal, imprint technology, dual multi-surface rubber brushes, vSLAM optical sensor, and more.
3. Cecotec Robot Vacuum Cleaners: The Conga vacuum cleaners will sweep, vacuum, mop, and scrub the floors for you. It uses the BestFriend Care System with two interchangeable brushes to clean all types of surfaces. You also get a special rubber brush to effectively remove pet hair from mats and carpets. For better cleaning, it uses the Turbo Clean Carpet technology consisting of a rotary main brush. Also, you get 6 specialized programs for cleaning which include auto, manual, room, edge, spiral, and back home.
There are a lot of companies selling the best cost-effective Vacuums along with several options to choose such as handheld, cordless, canister, etc. If your budget or cleaning routine doesn't allow spending a fortune on a vacuum cleaner, don't worry as there are so many budget-friendly options available.
- Rowenta Compact Power Cyclonic: One of the economically priced vacuum cleaners available with impressive features. The sled type of cleaner has the latest generation cyclonic system and made with high-quality stainless steel and plastic. Coming to the features, it has a double filtering system powered by 750W allowing it to clean different types of surfaces. Other features include a special brush for parquet, interchangeable accessories what is 360° mobility. However, it weighs 6 KG and noise 79 dB.
Some Top Picks for Cost-Effective Vacuum Cleaners:
The cost-effective vacuums may have a few limitations as compared to other high-end ones, but you can still get the job done right.
There are vacuums specifically designed for hardwood floors and you can easily get the right kind of vacuum.
Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Vacuum: The vacuum is exceptionally lightweight and can be easily used for spots like ceilings, stairs, and under furniture. It has a turbo suction mode that can be used on carpeted surfaces and the V8 Absolute on a hard floor. Other features include a reasonable size dustbin, a dumping system, a bagless design, HEPA filtration. Though the size is reasonable, it has a great dumping system with all the particles properly intact. As far as the battery backup is concerned, it can typically run for about 30 minutes on a full charge and about eight minutes while you operate it in the MAX mode. Most reviewers like the sleek shape and size of this cordless vacuum.
Some other models ideal for hardwood floors consist of:
Bissell 1474J: The carpet cleaner comes with specialized and innovative cleaning tools to provide maximum cleaning. The filtration takes place in three phases to ensure perfect performance and it works both dry and wet. Some of the remarkable features include a capacity of 5 L, power of 1800 W, and 82 dB noise. The carpet cleaner comes with an array of accessories to help it function as easily as possible. The vacuum cleaner is best known for his large tank capacity, excellent power, and 3-phase filtration.
Some other popular models include:
- Hoover SmartWash Advanced Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner - Comes with dual water tanks, heated drying, and an auto-mixing soap dispenser.
- Bissell Big Green Carpet Cleaner - It has an unparalleled cleaning and suction power making it ideal for carpets.
- Bissell Little Green ProHeat Portable Carpet Cleaner - It comes with a 15-foot power cord making it the best portable carpet cleaner.
Bosch BGS5335 Zoo’s ProAnimal: A lot of people struggle with pet hair and look for effective ways to clean them. This particular vacuum cleaner is good for animal fur as it has a specific brush for animals. Some of the amazing features include Turbo ProAnimal, a power of 800 W, and accessories. The accessories include a special brush for collecting pet hair, an automatic HEPA certified cleaning system filter, a nozzle for joints, and a 3 L tank. It is best known for its innovative brush and automatic filter cleaning.
Some other models you may consider include:
- Dyson Big Ball Animal 2 Vacuum Cleaner - An all-rounder with powerful removal of dust and pet hair and works great on all surfaces.
- VAX ONEPWR Blade 4 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Light and easy to move around and works well on all floors.
- Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Works as both cordless and handheld vacuum with versatile cleaning styles.
Hoover Sprint EVO SE51 - This vacuum cleaner comes with a washable EPA filter along with a protective mesh. It has a 1.5 L capacity, a noise level of 80 DB and uses 700 W of power. Some amazing accessories include a telescopic tube, a 7.5 m cable, and a handle that regulates suction. It is best known for its great tank size, excellent performance, and cost-effectiveness.
Here is the list of some other popular bagless vacuum cleaners:
- Dyson V11 Outsize Vacum Cleaner - One of the best cordless vacuum cleaner ideal for large homes.
- Hoover Reach Powered Reach Plus Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - The value vacuum cleaner is ideal for both carpets and bare floors
- Roidmi S1E Vacuum Cleaner - The super light and quiet vacuum cleaner is an example of style backed up with functionality.
Rowenta Air Force Extreme Vision Pro RH8872W0 - This cordless vacuum cleaner has a lot of amazing features and is one of the best handheld vacuums. It has a double li-ion battery, a triple LED indicator, and an output of 65 minutes on a charge of about 6 hours. It separates air and dirt with cyclonic force and has a half-litre tank. It is best known as a modern battery vacuum cleaner working at a power of 25.2 V.
Some of the other popular models include:
- Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum - It is known for delivering power, convenience, and versatility.
- Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum - It is powered by a fade-free li-ion battery and offers powerful performance.
- Black+Decker Cordless 2-N-1 Stick Vacuum - It is both a stick vacuum and handheld vacuum with swivel steering.
Want to keep your home crystal clean without spending a fortune? Check out the following list…
1. Rowenta Compact Power Cyclonic - One of the best cheap vacuum cleaners in the market, this is a sled-type model and has the latest generation cyclonic system. Some of the amazing features include a double filtering system, a 2-in-1 nozzle, a special brush for parquet, and a wooden floor. It also has a set of interchangeable accessories making it perform well with different types of surfaces and floors as well as carpets and rugs. Other features include a 6.2-meter cable, 79 dB noise, 360° wheel system.
11. Karcher SE 4002 - A semi-industrial wet and dry vacuum cleaner known for its powerful performance on all kinds of textiles such as carpets, mattresses, sofas, rugs, etc. It has a 2-in-1 system that sprays and vacuum at the same time with no need to change nozzles. As far as the features are concerned, it has two independent tanks of 4 L each, and 1400 W power. Though it is a powerful vacuum cleaner, it can be challenging to use it for all households. However, it is ideal for semi-industrial use.
12. Bissell CleanView - This top-rated budget vacuum cleaner will give all the performance of a high-end vacuum and ideal for carpets, upholstery, hard surfaces, and more. The bagless vacuum cleaner features OnePass technology and has a strong suction power. It comes with a turbo brush tool for upholstery along with a dusting brush, crevice tool, and extension wand. Some other interesting features include a large tank capacity that empties with just a touch of a button and a washable filter.
Bomann CB 947 - This handheld multifunction vacuum cleaner is not only ideal for cleaning cars but also works great with furniture, frames, curtains, computers, upholstery, and many more. It is a compact vacuum cleaner with a powerful 700 W power and a capacity of 0.3 L with a noise level of 81 dB. Some of the interesting features include a 6-m cable, permanent vacuum filter vertical space-saving storage, and accessories like small and large brush shoulders straps and flexible vacuum snout with crevice nozzle. It is ideal for cleaning dirt, mud, and other messes from your vehicle.
Here is the list of some other popular car vacuum cleaners:
- Armor All AA255 Wet-Dry Vacuum Cleaner - The corded cleaner is specifically designed for cleaning a car.
- Hole 3M036BW Vacuum Cleaner - The cordless cleaner works as both wet and dry and good for a handheld.
- Bissell Cleanview Deluxe Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - It functions as a portable and handheld vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment.
EYUGLE D18 Vacuum Cleaner: Dust particles are highly dangerous for people with asthma and other medical conditions. This anti-dust vacuum cleaner available with full anti-allergy sealing technology can remove 99.9% of the dust. The specifications include a 120 V of power, a 2-in-1 vacuum design, and ABS body, and rotating orientation. It has an aluminum alloy tube of around 20 cm long which allows it to reach even the challenging corners.
Some other popular models for dust mites include:
- Shark Rotator - Comes with anti-allergen complete seal technology, HEPA filtration, and detachable canister.
- Housemile Anti-Dust Mites - Built specifically for mites and uses carbon filtration, HEPA filtration, and UV sanitizer technology.
- Raycop Lite UV HEPA Vacuum - Comes with pulsating pads to loosen and pick up dust along with HEPA filtration and UV bacteria sanitizer.
Hoover Ultra Vortex MBC5000UV: If you are struggling to eliminate dust mites from your mattresses and furniture, this can be an ideal solution. The vacuum cleaner is specifically designed for cleaning mattresses and sofas. The vacuum is approved and certified by the British Energy Foundation and has a capacity of 0.3 L. It has a total of 20 W of power and operates with only 20 dB of noise.
Some other vacuum cleaners for mattresses and sofas are:
- Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner - It uses the hydro rinse tool attachment and tackles sought spots with strong spray and suction.
- Homasy Portable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Cordless - It comes with powerful suction, rechargeable 14.8V Li-ion battery, and wet/dry cleaning functioning.
- Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum - It comes with powerful suction, single touch empty, and detachable dust cap.
Since dirt cannot hide on hardwood floors, cleaning them may seem quite a challenge. However, it is not that difficult to maintain hardwood floors if you know the perfect routine.
Apart from the vacuum cleaner models we’ve discussed, there are many other outstanding brands that you may consider. Some of the popular names are listed below:
- Amazon: An extremely popular digital platform where you can find a huge variety of vacuum cleaners.
- Lidl: find an array of cordless and all-purpose vacuum cleaners for your home, work shop, or garage.
- Carrefour: A great place to shop from a large selection of vacuum cleaners and steam mops.
- IKEA: The platform offers everything you need to clean your space, a wide variety of vacuums.
- Hipercor: Buy some of the best products online at this supermarket.
- Conforama: Find a huge range of vacuum cleaners along with genuine accessories.
- EL Corte Ingles: From the cordless to bagless vacuum cleaners, you can find it all.
- Alcampo: Shop from a large selection of electronics and appliances and enjoy great offers.
- Worten: An ideal place to look for different types of vacuum cleaners.
There are so many different types of vacuum cleaners available on the market making it a big battle to choose the best for your needs. However, it doesn't have to be that much difficult when you know the tips to pick the best…
11 Tips to find a Vacuum Cleaner that best caters your needs:
1. Choose the Right Type - Knowing where you want to use the vacuum cleaner will tell you a lot about what type will suit your needs. Start by determining the type of cleaning you do such as rugs, upright, wall-to-wall carpet, stairs, pet hair, hardwood, etc. Do you want to know the difference? Here you go…
- Upright Vacuums - Designed to tackle the big jobs! Pros: Better at deep-cleaning carpets, easy to store, and budget-friendly. Cons: Pushing and pulling might be difficult and a bit noisier.
- Canister Vacuums - Designed to handle hardwood or tile floors! Pros: Ideal for cleaning bare floors, under furniture, bare floors, drapes, and upholstery. Cons: Bulkier than upright ones and not a space-saver.
- Stick Vacuums - Designed to handle quick clean-ups! Pros: Tall bodies and handles for easy usage, battery-powered, lightweight, and convenient. Cons: Don’t perform well on carpets and have small dirt bin capacity.
- Robot Vacuums - Designed to do the work for you! Pros: Automatically clean the area, have sensors to detect objects, and can be controlled by an app. Cons: Not good at deep cleaning and not ideal for shag carpeting or area rugs.
- Handheld Vacuums - Designed to fit in tight spaces! Pros: Available in both corded or cordless, ideal for care floors, short-pile carpets, pet hair, and upholstery. Cons: Not as powerful and effective as upright or canister ones.
- Central Vacuums - Designed to offer flexibility! Pros: Easy to use and carry, offer good dirt capacity, and tend to be relatively quiet. Cons: Expensive, require professional installation, and no in-unit place to store cleaning tools.
2. Pick the Right Size & Shape: The vacuum cleaners come in different sizes from handy and medium to large. Choosing the right size will make sure that you use it optimally and store it easily. Some of the important things to consider may include weight, and mobility, maneuverability. Here are a few things that you need to take into account.
- Cable length
- length of the vacuum cleaner hose
- Wheels and degrees of rotation
- The type of handle
3. Prefer Performance over Aesthetics: Though it is always good to look for an eye-pleasing option, compromising on performance is never a good idea. It is the features and specifications that make or break any product. When it comes to choosing the right vacuum cleaner for your home, here are a few things that you should know about its performance:
- Input and output power
- Suction & filtration
- Air velocity
- Noise (decibels) level
- Quality & durability
- Capacity & storage
- Ease of use
4. Go for Right Accessories: A vacuum cleaner is made up of several components and it is extremely imperative to go for the right accessories. Though most vacuums come with basic tools, you can always consider add-on cleaning tools for better performance. Here is the list of some important accessories that you should never avoid…
- Brushes - Parquet brushes are softer, thinner, and more flexible. On the other hand, Pacific brushes are special brushes designed to clean sofas and surfaces.
- Nozzles - The narrow ones are designed to be used in the smallest spaces while the hose adapter is flexible to be used in multiple ways.
5. Choose Wisely Between Bagged or Bagless: For most people, it is a matter of personal preference but a vacuum with the dust bag is always the better choice. People with allergies or asthma need to consider dust and debris they will be exposed to while choosing the bagless vacuum. However, choosing the models with HEPA filters can be a good idea.
6. Spend Wisely: Price is an important factor while choosing a vacuum cleaner and this may vary depending on the characteristics of an appliance. You can choose from low-end, mid-range, and high-end vacuum cleaners as per your budget. Wondering how much should you spend? Take a look at the following points:
- Low-end vacuum cleaners (less than 100 euros) come with basic accessories but the power and filtering system may not be as good. However, they are an excellent solution for less demanding tasks and small spaces.
- Mid-range vacuum cleaners (between 100 and 200 euros) value for money as they are designed to clean different types of surfaces and come with a range of accessories.
- Hi-end vacuum cleaners (more than 200 euros) are equipped with the latest technology and designed to offer great performance. They are ideal for challenging and larger spaces.
7. Know Your Cleaning Needs: With many homes featuring a combination of floors and carpets, you need to know your exact cleaning needs to pick the right vacuum cleaner. Here are a few factors that you need to consider:
- The amount of traffic
- carpets soils
- carpet or rug fiber
8. Corded Vs Cordless: If you are wondering which vacuum cleaner is right for you, know the difference between corded versus cordless. Corded ones have a higher suction power while the cordless ones work on batteries. A cordless vacuum is more portable as compared to the corded one. Corded vacuums collect more dust as compared to cordless ones.
9. Choose a Model with Features You Need: As every vacuum cleaner comes with unique features, you need to know floor surfaces in your homes, carpet area, and other features. The best models often have an adjustable dial and good suction while the cheaper ones rely on vents. The position of the controls also matters and it is different in different models.
10. Life of the Product: Like any other product, you may want to buy a vacuum cleaner that lasts long. Different brands offer different quality and durability that you can compare by making a list of all your favorite ones. Some of the vacuum cleaners can be washed while others need to be replaced. You may also seek expert help as they can help you choose the best and save your time.
11. Buy from a Reliable Platform: Last but not the least, don’t neglect to do your homework and choose the most reliable platform to buy a vacuum cleaner. Some reliable stores offer buying guides to help their customers find the perfect match for their specific needs. You can go and check those vacuum cleaner buying guides and make the best decision.
Make a well-informed decision and bring home the best vacuum cleaner!
Shopping for a vacuum cleaner is not the same as going to a grocery store and grabbing the very first thing from the shelf. It's so many different types of vacuum cleaners are available in the market, it can be a big challenge to find the one that best suits your needs. To make the best decision, you need to know the different types of vacuum cleaners as each performs a slightly different function.
Here you go with the list:
1. Handheld Vacuum: If the hard-to-reach corners in your home are desperately waiting for a deep clean, a handheld vacuum can be a perfect choice. As the name suggests, the vacuum can be held in only one hand and it comes in all sorts of different forms and functions. However, it would not serve well for cleaning in a large space as it would take a long time.
2. Upright Vacuum: If your house is demanding the most powerful clean-up, going for the upright vacuum cleaner can be a great idea. You can use it standing upright without having to bend which makes it a highly convenient option. The type of cleaners are ideal for large, carpeted areas and come with easy-to-understand functions and accessories.
3. Stick Vacuum: If you want to get into those narrow places in your home, a stick vacuum can be an ideal pick. As the type of vacuum features a long stick-like handle, it is perfect for hardwood floors, light carpeting, and area rugs. They are most commonly used for quick cleanup in areas like kitchen and bathroom floors.
4. Robotic Vacuum: If you are looking for something smart that can do the cleaning job for you, investing in a robot vacuum can be a wise decision. Being the latest in vacuum technology, these cleaning machines are compact and cordless with automatic functionality. They not only save you time but can also reach tighter places that other vacuums wouldn't be able to.
5. Canister Vacuum: If you are looking for a perfect solution for your hard surfaces and carpet areas like a car or the stairs, going for a canister vacuum can be a good idea. They feature a suction hose and a retractable cord to provide flexibility and versatility. The wand extender lets you make your way through furniture and stairs that may be otherwise difficult to clean.
There is a wide variety of vacuum cleaners available out there and each having a different price tag representing the features and functionality they offer. But the question is… how much money should you spend on a vacuum cleaner?
- If you are looking for a cleaning solution with basic features and functionality, you can easily get a low-end vacuum cleaner in less than 100 euros.
- If you are looking for the best option in terms of value for money, you can always go for a mid-range vacuum cleaner between 100 and 200 euros.
- If are looking for the latest generation vacuum with the latest technology and great performance, you will have to spend more than 200 euros for a high-end vacuum cleaner.
Wondering what type of vacuum cleaner you should pick? Check out the user-friendly comparison of some of the most popular vacuum cleaner models:
Shark Vacuum vs Dyson
These are two of the most popular brands in the vacuum cleaner world as with of these companies produce some amazing products. Though both of the brands provide great cleaning and usability, the main difference lies between suction, weight, and price. Dyson tends to be more expensive, have more suction, and a bit bulkier as compared to the Shark vacuums.
Coming to the max runtime, the Shark cordless vacuums (190-400 pounds) offers approximately 2hrs 22 mins (two batteries) as compared to 1hr 15 mins of the Dyson ones (249 - 650 pounds). The hi-end Dyson vacuums will give you the latest tech such as digital control display and automatic cleaning mode. On the other hand, the Shark vacuums offer some flashy features such as LED headlights, swappable batteries, a hinged cleaning tube, and anti-hair-wrap even in the mid-range cordless models.
Miele Vacuum Vs Dyson
Both of the brands have many options whether you are considering sticks, uprights, canisters, or robots. Miele specializes in bagged and corded vacuums with impressive suction and high-quality while Dyson targets the audience with bagless bins and washable filters. With the increasing popularity of cordless vacuums, Dyson offers some great models while Miele’s lineup has only a robot vacuum as its cordless one.
Both of the vacuums provide excellent filtration but the main difference lies in the fact that Miele’s vacuums use a bag for the dust collection while Dyson vacuums are bagless. Another difference is noise output with most Miele vacuums being quieter than Dysons. Furthermore, Miele produces a larger range of models and cater to a large audience.
Xiaomi Vacuum Vs Roomba
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has introduced the Mi robot in its vacuum lineup while Roomba has the iRobot. Both of the robotic vacuum cleaners come with high-end specifications at an affordable price. Talking about Roomba 980, it recharges by itself and resumes the cleaning process while Xiaomi Mi only recharges itself but it claims to have longer battery life.
Though both of the brands share the same engine supplier, the Xiaomi vacuum has a more powerful engine. They both are programmable and have Wi-Fi but Roomba is more improved and allows you to customize the cleaning process. However, both robot vacuums can work perfectly on all types of floors including wood, ceramic, marble, carpets, and rugs.
Dyson v6 Vs v8
The Dyson V6 and V8 are two popular models in the market having the same alignment of dustbin and cyclones. Though both models look identical and can be transformed into a hand-held vacuum for deep cleaning, the new V8 has an edge in the cleaning ring. The V8 vacuum is equipped with a direct-drive cleaner head and a soft roller cleaner head while V6 has just one cleaning head.
As far as the cleaning of the machine is concerned, the V8 has a new hygienic dirt injector as compared to the pushbutton bin of the V6. Coming to the battery part, V8 offers a 40-minute run time that is double that of the V6 but when it comes to the accessories they both are the same.
Roomba 960 Vs 980
The 900 series of Roomba brings the latest and greatest when it comes to the robot vacuum technology. Both models are dual rubberized but vary in run-time with Roomba 980 offering 120 minutes and 960 75 minutes. The Roomba 980 is the top model and offer everything that the Roomba 960 has, but comes with a stronger motor, a power cleaning mode, and an extra virtual wall.
As far as the noise is concerned, Roomba 980 is slightly louder than the other model. The 980 has great cleaning performance, exceptional navigation, and an affordable price tag. However, the Roomba 980 is a high-quality, advanced robot vacuum equipped with innovative features.
In the battle vacuum cleaner models, there is a different winner for every consumer as the needs and budget may vary from one person to another. To make the best decision, you will have to understand your cleaning needs and explore the options accordingly.
A vacuum cleaner is practically another member of your household, so make sure you bring home the perfect match.
Your first purchas
Enter your email below to get started.